A wee bit of a cheat today – this picture was taken last Saturday as my husband was stepping out at the edge of Loch Tay.
The clouds were gathering and his wee walk was about to be cut short. The rest of us were watching from the comfort of the lodge!!
“Your entire life only happens in this moment. The present moment is life itself.” (Eckhart Tolle).
The man with a plan… working out a trip for today from our holiday cottage in Killin:
Today the word is “fold” and I have a picture of the cat, who has managed to fold herself up into my wrap, as I am sitting on the sofa.
I was trying to write stuff, but its a well known fact that cats have no respect for laptops/tablets/books/newspapers/etc., especially when they are blocking that warm spot on a human’s lap.
Day three of the blogging challenge for November.
I came across this when I was looking for something else, as so often happens: I found it years ago on Kathryns’ blog. I had it pined up on my notice board for a while – to help with perspective when my congregation was going through a difficult time with their buildings (we eventually had to move out, and spent two years sharing with our Episcopal neighbours, until we negotiated a union with another congregation).
So today I share the 10 Commandments for reducing stress.
1. Thou shalt not be perfect, or even try.
2. Thou shalt not try to be all things to all people.
3. Thou shalt leave undone things that ought to be done.
4. Thou shalt not spread thyself too thin.
5. Thou shalt learn to say No.
6. Thou shalt schedule time for thyself and for thy support network.
7. Thou shalt switch off and do nothing regularly.
8. Thou shalt be boring, inelegant, untidy and unattractive at times.
9. Thou shalt not feel guilty.
10. Thou shalt very definitely not be thine own worst enemy, but thine own best friend.
Nothing says relaxation more than our cat!
Another great picture of Ailsa Craig by Brian Johnstone. Loving his pictures.
“Finding Seashells” (Author Unknown)
Come walk with me
Along the sea
Where dusk sits on the land
And search with me
For shells are free,
And treasures hide in sand.
Today, another amazing picture by Brian Johnstone – skimming stones all the way to Ailsa Craig.
“Honour your being, release each and every struggle, gather strength from life’s storms, relax into the arms of spirit”
Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Lovely picture by Brian Johnstone, taken on Prestwick Beach. Wonderful warm summer colours, pity the weather is mainly shades of grey!
“In the midst of life we must find the magic that makes our souls soar” (Kelcey Jones)